1376 – 1424

On February 1, 1376 Abbot Ludwig and the convent of the monastery of Pairis sold the house “Zum Löwen”, situated on the mountain, on the eastern side of the present Radbrunnen, next to the “vicus leonis” to the “wise and modest Jew” Vivilkind for 125 gold guilders.

Apart from the Jew Chajim who in the middle of the 15th century had a leading position among the Jews of Vorderösterreich, only a couple of Jews (families) seem to have lived in Breisach from 1424 to 1638.